This volume is a collection of six presentations given at the Fifth Global ThinkNet Conference convened in Tokyo on November 19-20, 2001. The presenters spoke about the prospects of Asia Pacific and the world order after the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States, with a particular emphasis on the role of think tanks and public intellectuals. A summary of the subsequent discussions among the conference participants is also included.
- Asia Pacific and Global Order after September 11
- Presentation One: Han Sung-Joo, Director, Ilmin International Relations Institute, Korea University
- Presentation Two: Sukhumbhand Paribatra, Member, Thai House of Representatives; former Deputy Foreign Minister of Thailand
- Presentation Three: Mohamed Jawhar bin Hassan, Director-General, Institute of Strategic and International Studies, Malaysia
- Presentation Four: Tanaka Akihiko, Professor, University of Tokyo
- Presentation Five: Jusuf Wanandi, Member, Board of Directors, Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Indonesia
- Presentation Six: Wang Jisi, Director, Institute of American Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
- Summary of Discussion
Tokyo: Japan Center for International Exchange, 2002
ISBN 4-88907-116-4; 40 pages; paper, $5.00
Please order from the Japan Center for International Exchange (publication ordering information).